Dating is quite a challenging topic all on its own. However, dating AFTER a divorce is ten times more challenging and frustrating.
Jumping back into the world of dating after a divorce is not an easy task.
It is difficult enough to get back into the advanced world of dating, most especially if, by chance, that you met your mate in the period where online dating was not the norm and people frowned at it.
These days, dating websites for divorcees abound everywhere. And in the event that making sense of how to utilize one of these websites proves to be troublesome, then imagine yourself trying to comprehend all the intricate rules of modern-day romantic interactions that come with these platforms.
Needless to say, navigating online dating for recently divorced men is not an easy task.
The truth is that going out to explore the world with a new relationship status of ‘divorced’ can be frightening for many people. On the flip side, however, it could be one of the most exciting for those who’ve been waiting to start over again.
The only problem with divorced single men who are looking for a new relationship is that they do not know where to start. They ask questions like:
- Should they ask their friends to set them up?
- Should they go to events to meet new people?
- Should they join divorced dating sites for men?
While using all these methods are suggested, the first, and most important step is to heal from the pain and hurt of going through a divorce. So, it is not ideal to jump right into dating after a divorce, unless of course, you’re not in rebound and specific about what you want.
In addition, when you do start dating again, you should absolutely be genuine and authentic about your dating goals. Meaning you need to be clear about what you’re looking for, i.e. something casual or something more serious.
Understanding the modern dating culture
The modern dating culture is driven by the modern world we live in. While traditional methods of meeting someone new still exists, technology such as smartphones, mobile apps and social media have changed the way it operates.
Do not be worried if the dating culture you are familiar with has changed since the last time you were single. Yes, technology makes dating easier, but courtship itself has changed a lot over the years and it will continue to do so.
Using dating sites for divorced men is a good starting point to see how modern dating culture works. Just be sure to be genuine about what you’re looking for upfront.
Understanding how online dating works for divorced men
One of the easiest ways for women to meet divorced singles men is by using high quality dating websites to meet like-minded people for relationships.
All online dating websites work the same way. It doesn’t matter whether it is mobile app or an online website, as long as it is for dating, chances are it will follow the steps outlined below:
- Firstly, you set up your profile with photos and a description of yourself.
- Next, you fill in the description and age range of the kind of person you are attracted
- Finally, the website or app will filter your results and bring back the best matches based on your criteria.
If you see someone you like, all you literally have to do is send them a message saying hello and take the conversation from there. You might even get messages from the opposite if you fit the criteria they’re looking for. So, don’t be surprised if this happens because some women might be attracted to divorced men and are on the lookout for best dating sites for divorced men, and you might fit that criteria.
Understanding the communication game
Communicating on dating websites can be less intimidating when compared to face to face interactions.
Unlike the social anxiety of being said no to at a bar or a restaurant, these dating websites promote a laid-back, casual conversation style that will appeal to anyone looking to date after a divorce.
Another important benefit of using online dating websites to find love is that you can easily highlight aspects of yourself that your potential love interest might find attractive. For example, you may have lost weight, and gained some muscle. It could even be something as little as having a new haircut. Whatever it is, if you’re proud about it – show it off.
When you’re searching for the best online dating for newly divorced men, you need to consider how the communication on these platforms work. Does the platform make it easy to meet local people looking for a relationship? Or do you have to pay through the nose before you can even send a “hello” to your love interest?
You need to be intentional when looking for relationship-minded people to initiate a conversation with. Here a few tips to keep in mind:
- If you’re unsure of how to start a conversation, use an icebreaker. These icebreakers are a lifesaver if you want to quickly capture a lady’s attention and want her to respond to a fun and witty line.
- It is advisable to read your interest’s profile before sending her a message. This way, you are able to reference important points and it gives off the impression that you’re making an effort to get to know her.
- Avoid cheesy pickup lines. Meaning don’t send messages “hey beautiful”, or being vulgar or rude. Instead, be a gentleman. Complimenting a lady shouldn’t be about looks otherwise you objectify her and many women find that unattractive. Instead, compliment her on anything you found cool in her profile.
- Finally, end your message with a question. This gives your interest a reason to respond. And don’t ask generic questions either. Instead, ask questions that will make her excited to reply. For example, if she says she likes travelling, you can ask a simple question like “I see you’re into travel. What was your last adventure?”
Meeting new potential dates and starting a discussion can be scary for people, especially when they are not ready for the dedication of dating after their divorce. Hence why you need to be sure that you’re ready to move on and start dating again before you use online dating sites.
It can also be helpful to seek professional help beforehand, so that you are not using your dates as therapy sessions where all you are talking about is your previous marriage. That would be a huge turnoff – so it is best you have that aspect sorted out before you start dating again.
Finally, putting yourself out there and messaging new people can be tough especially when they do not respond to your messages. But the quality of the dating site you’re using also matters. When using a high quality dating website like ours, where all our users are vetted, you can be rest assured that you will be matched with like-minded people who are on the same page as you.